PROCEDURE FOR DELAY/CANCELLATION
DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS
In most circumstances, LCCPS follows the Lowell Public School decision on the delay or cancellation of school when the weather conditions dictate a change in the normal opening of the school. A phone call will be made to alert all LCCPS families and staff* of decisions about school cancellations, delays or early dismissals. If school is delayed, we will NOT run our before school program. If we have an early dismissal, we will NOT run our after school program.
LCCPS will notify you about any weather-related schedule changes (cancellation or delay) through the following methods:
- Our website: lccps.org
- Local TV stations: WBZ, WHDH, Fox 25, WCVB (Channel 4, 5, 7, 25)
- We are dependent on Lowell Public for buses so we must rely on them to notify us of We are committed to providing our community with this information as soon as it becomes available.
- There may also be situations when LCCPS remains open when Lowell Public School’s close or dismiss This is at the discretion of the Executive Director or Chief Operating Officer.
Delay/early release of one or two hours:
In the event of a delay/early release, parents/guardians must pick-up/drop off their child(ren) at the indicated time. Delays will impact bus routes: if the bus normally picks up at a bus stop at 7:00AM, a one hour delay would cause the bus to come at 8:00AM, etc.
- If there is a 1 hour delay, students may be dropped off starting at 8:30
- If there is a 2 hour delay, students may be dropped off starting at 9:30
To keep lines clear for emergencies, the Police and Fire Department have asked that students and parents refrain from calling them to make inquiries as to the status of school.
*LCCPS staff will report to their stations at the school fifteen (15) minutes prior to the delayed opening of school unless instructed otherwise.